To protect all stakeholders including staff, products and assets as well as utilize available policies, procedures and resources to conduct operations in order to meet the short and long-term safeguarding and protection demands of MGBL.
- Assess security risks specific to the gold mining industry, including potential threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts on personnel, assets, and operations.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies and security protocols to minimize identified risks.
- Supervise and coordinate security personnel, ensuring adherence to security procedures and protocols.
- Lead incident response and investigations, coordinating with relevant stakeholders to resolve security incidents promptly and efficiently.
- Conduct regular security audits and assessments to identify areas for improvement and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging risks, and advancements in security technologies relevant to the gold mining sector.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, human resources, and senior management, to integrate security measures into the overall business strategy.
- Develop and deliver security training programs to enhance security awareness and preparedness among employees.
- Ensure compliance with relevant security regulations, legal obligations, and industry standards.
- Monitor and analyze security systems, such as access control, CCTV surveillance, and alarm systems, to identify potential security breaches or irregularities.
- Maintain documentation related to security protocols, incidents, and risk management activities.
- Coordinate security projects aimed at rectifying identified security vulnerabilities.
- Champion safety compliance within field security operations in line with Site HSE rules.
- Promote and ensure compliance with Security Cardinal rules.
- A Bachelor’s degree/diploma or its equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ working experience as a Security supervisor preferably in the extractive industry.
- An experience with the Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Police Service and other state security agencies will be an added advantage.
- Basic and practical knowledge of Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR)
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Assessment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in Security Procedures and Protocols.
- Knowledge and experience in Emergency Preparedness.
- Proven competency in Security Awareness Training.
- Comprehensive experience in Access Control Management.
- Understand managerial needs and directions.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing expected outputs.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment where respect is paramount.
- Must be a team player.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CVs and copies of certificates to email@example.com with the preferred position as the subject of the email.
For any interested individual within the MGBL Communities-of-Interest, you may submit a copy of your application tails to the MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE located at the frontage of DUNNS PARK old compound Bibiani. ONLY CITIZENS OF THE COMMUNITIES OF INTEREST MAY SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT THE MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE.
The closing date for this application is Friday, 14th July 2023 although candidates may be assessed as and when applications are received.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.